Gladiator Online Slot
You can wager anywhere from 25p per spin up to £1,250 at £5 coin value. There’s a 5,000-coin bonus available that would return you £25k at that rate! There are all sorts of other bonuses and feature rounds to help boost your winnings and keep the game fresh and exciting. You even get clips from the movie as transition scenes, which is a brilliant touch from the developer, Playtech.
Playtech work on the cutting edge of software development and are a leader in the online casino industry. They’ve designed the 5-reel, 25-payline game extremely well, making great use of both the characters and famous objects: the Colosseum acts as the scatter symbol, and the general’s helm as the wild.
Ready to play? Check out our list of recommended casinos below for playing Gladiator safely.
How to Play
You may have your vengeance, in this life or the next, but better to do that with a few gold coins to your name, right? In that case, you’ll want to learn about the different paylines, coin values and special features of Gladiator!
It’s a 5-reel video slot with 25 paylines and a coin value of as little as £0.01 up to £5. Since you can place as many as ten coins on every payline, the max bet is a ludicrous £1,250 – show me a high roller who wouldn’t be interested in taking that on! For the mortals amongst us, you can obviously bet a lot lower and still enjoy proportional profits and bonuses.
Use “Bet per Line” to choose the number of coins per spin, “Lines” for the number of paylines and to adjust the coin value, use the “Click to Change” buttons. When it’s all ready to go, you just have to hit “Spin” and the reels will start whirring round! If you’re in it for the big time, skip the hassle by hitting “Bet Max” to place the £1,250 bet.
Special Bonuses, Features and Symbols
- Wilds – The Gladiator helmet can replace any other symbol to create a winning combination, and if you get 3 of them at once on reels 2-4, you unlock the Gladiator Bonus where you can win huge prizes!
- Scatters – The infamous Colosseum where Maximus Decimus made his heroic stand acts as the scatter symbol: 3 of them will unlock the Colosseum bonus round.
- Gamble – This is quite a unique and rewarding feature not seen on many other casinos. With every bet, you can choose to gamble and double your prize money by guessing the colour of the next card in a standard deck. Guess right, and the prize doubles and you can try another card. As soon as you get it wrong, your winnings are gone. It’s a risky business, but the rewards can be enormous!
- Colosseum bonus – You are greeted with rows of stones, behind which there are all sorts of prizes.
- Row 1 – free games
- Row 2 – free game multipliers
- Row 3 – extra scatters
- Row 4 – extra wilds
- Gladiator Bonus – There will be a group of 9 different helmets to select. Behind them will be various prizes of either gold, silver or bronze. These act as multipliers for your current winnings and can reach as high as 45 times!
- Jackpot – The ultimate prize has to be the 5,000-coin jackpot you win by getting five symbols of Emperor Commodus on an activated payline. It’s heart-breaking if you use fewer paylines and miss the emperor, but it’s also worth persevering for. Of course, if you manage to get the 45 times Gladiator Bonus (or even close to that) then you’re also taking home a hefty prize.
Gladiator has a sibling (called Gladiator Jackpot) which is a progressive slot pushing out massive winnings. However, while Gladiator is a little more small-ball than that, it’s possible to win up to £56,250 off the maximum bet if you manage to land the Gladiator bonus and get all golden shields.
You can also use the “gamble” feature to devastating effect by doubling your winnings multiple times after any old win!
Graphics and Sounds
From the moment the game begins to load, you know you’re dealing with a professional, artistically-crafted game. The music is imperious, sending you back to the legions of ancient Rome, and then the game opens with a vibrant and exciting atmosphere. You can see the Colosseum against the golden sky at the top of the reels, and the music suddenly turns ominous and tense.
The reels spin quietly and then shudder to a halt like hooves upon the road. The noise is triumphant and musical for any success, while everything stays silent and unchanged when your combination isn’t a winner. The gambling feature is a separate scene, with two large buttons (red and black) and a deck of cards in between. It’s complete chance, but 50:50 is better than the odds you’ll often face on the reels and the tense music and great design make this feel quite high-pressured. I love it!
The only slight downside on the graphical front is that the “spin” button makes a distinctly modern sounding noise, a little out of keeping with the rest of the design, and the reels spin for quite a long time – not ideal if you’re in a crazy rush, but that’s what autoplay is for!
Gladiator is an absolute thriller from start to finish. The HD graphics are stunning, and the small movie clips featuring starring characters bring the game to life like nothing else. Given the variability in wagering amount, it really is a game for every type of player. Remember you can always play the game as a demo before investing your own money, but we’re fairly confident you’ll enjoy it.